Thursday, January 1, 2015

15 things I learned in 2014

2014 has been one of the best years of my life and I learned a LOT during that time. Ranging from little things to lessons that I'll never forget, 2014 definitely had a lot of learning involved.


  1. Its okay that life is messy. I usually am a perfectionist but this year I learned that some of the best things aren't planned and perfected. That being said....
  2. I really need to work on my planning skills.  This is mostly my conversation skills with my mum. She never hears when I say, "Oh, I've been invited to a party on Thursday. Can I go?" I actually have a system. When I have a party or something, I remind my mum a week before, 4 days before, 2 days before, the night before, three hours before, an hour before and ten minutes before we have to leave. Then we actually GET THERE IN A TIMELY MANNER.
  3. Don't be ashamed of buying so many books. I don't give a damn what other people say. My money, my rules.
  4. Its sometimes good to be alone. I spend a lot of time alone so this is something you'd think I already knew. But I always felt like I was defective or something for being so anti-social and shy, but now I realize it's perfectly okay.
  5. Sometimes people don't agree. I always thought that people would agree on bigger issues because there is an obvious right side and wrong side, but this year I learned that there are many sides to an argument and sometimes you need to argue it out.
  6. I need to work on my arguing skills. I get into a lot of arguments and sometimes I get so worked up that I end up yelling.
  7. Don't always get the same drink at Starbucks. I am so tired of chai tea lattes...
  8. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it right. You might think that this realization came from something like abortion or drugs or something, but no. I realized this while shopping for skinny jeans....Just because everyone is wearing them doesn't make them a good fashion choice. I did still get a pair though BUT ITS BECAUSE I NEED THEM FOR MY NEW BOOTS. Damn it....I'm turning into a basic white girl....
  9. When people say they are going to do things don't expect them to ACTUALLY do it. I'm still waiting on my henna, Dani.....
  10. Staying up till 4am is more of a sad thing than a cool thing. I really need to get more sleep.
  11. A few close friends are better than a lot of so-so friends. I know this is an old thing, but I'm just learning this now. I can count my close friends on one hand.
  12. Sometimes you just need to walk it off. I've taken a lot of walks this year....
  13. I need to work on my people skills. In general I think they are okay...But I need to be more open and friendly with people.
  14. Keep in close contact with people you meet. I learned that you really have to work to have a friendship and this means staying up late to write an email,  listening to someones problems, or going to a party when you really just want to sleep!
  15. The best things in life are simple. A cup of tea, a good book, a close friend, a warm bed, and email from a friend...I could go on forever. (Although there is Nutella and Nutella is anything but simple.)
So theres that...
I plan to do more 2014 themed posts, but until Monday I'm off camping!! Yay...
I will return soon with camping stories and more posts.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment