Friday, January 23, 2015

Blog Challenge Day 13: Earliest Memory

I've already done this, but because blogging is now something that I really look forward to doing now, I will blog about another early memory of mine.

This one is from when I was about...4-ish? Maybe 5.
Anyway when I was still living in Indiana we were part of a group of families that were all like super Christian and all had kids that weren't in school yet (at this point I was actually starting homeschooling, but only because my mom was determined to make me a reader. She accomplished her goal.) The group used to meet at different people's house and all kids were instructed to play and leave the moms alone. At this point my best friend was a kid named Jack who, like me, was a bit of an outsider. We had this burning hatred of all the other kids (mostly girls who wore tutus and were REALLY ANNOYING) that brought us together. So when the playdates were scheduled at his house, we waited exactly two seconds before abandoning everyone else and going up stairs together to play with LEGOS in his room. Sometimes his older sister would let me play with these little Disney Princess figurines that she collected. And so we would play knights and princesses. Sometimes we would switch things up and I would fight a dragon and he would protect a little puppy figurine from other LEGO knights. He was one of the best playmates I've ever had: very versatile, very funny and very sweet.

Cheers!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment