Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Best Books released in 2014

A continuation of my "Best things that were released in 2014" post.
Books 
I am a HUGE bookworm and I usually don't love newer books, but there were some really awesome ones this year.

The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet-  Dude Icantrememberhisname
This books is a companion to the YouTube series "The Lizzie Bennet Diaries." And I know I've said this before, but...THIS IS A SERIOUSLY AWESOME YOUTUBE SERIES THAT ALL JANEITES WILL LOVE. Its really clever and the book is just as good and maybe better, because, while I love the YouTube series, its kinda forced because all the action has to happen on the camera (if you watch you'll understand what I'm saying) and the book is diary form so its a easier flow.

The Blood of Olympus- Rick Riordan  Awesome book...for people who don't mind terrible cliff hangers. Uncle Rick has done it again. A great book that makes you want to simultaneously hug him and beat him over the head with a baseball bat. I'm just going to assume for my sanity that all is well and NO TIME HAS PASSED AT ALL.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch "The magic within"- Tania del Rio
So technically this series started in 2013, but the last installment came out in 2014. This is a series I don't even remember how I got into, but its a really good manga version of my favorite teenage witch (besides Hermione.) And thats not a sentence I say a lot, being Catholic and all.

Ed Sheeran a visual journey-Ed Sheeran and Phillip Butah


My sister got this for me for Christmas and its a great book! I haven't finished it yet, but its a great inside look at one of my favorite artists.

So there is that. There weren't a lot of good books this year and I'm sure I've missed some, but this is the best I can do in the 12 minute time period in between laundry loads.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment