Friday, January 16, 2015

Blog Challenge Day 6: My Five Sense Right Now

OK so there is a flaw with this particular challenge. Yes a flaw. I know its hard to believe ANYTHING on the Internet has a flaw, but here it is. Black and white. If I'm writing about my five senses "right now", I'm writing about them as I write the blog post. Okay that made no sense. I'll try again in the cryptic italics. *ahem* Because I'm writing about my senses at the moment and because at that moment I'm writing a blog post, the sense are all going to be blog post related. Like I see the screen, or hear the typing of keys or feel the keys under my fingers. And this would make for a very boring blog post. Sooooooooo.... I decided to just go about my day and then randomly take note of my senses and then I will write them down later. And thats what I did. Obviously. Wait one sec...where is that GIF.....
Sad Fact Of Life: I have not used this GIF enough.

So as it turns out, soon after I wrote the above I got an earache. Now when you think of earaches, they don't sound like terribly bad things. Just an ache in your ear. I am here to tell you all your preconceived notions are wrong. Dead. Wrong. Earaches (or ear infection as it actually turned out to be) can be EXTREMELY painful as I found out last night. Like Dear-God-is-this-what-dying-feels-like painful. So painful that my mom had to step in and say I couldn't go to Mock Trial. Anyway...The point of all my complaining is that I was in no mood yesterday to take stock in my five senses and thats why this blog post is a day late. 
Sorry.
Now lets get on with the point of this damn thing.

SIGHT
I see my leather jacket thrown on my  desk chair and my blue converse underneath it. I see my slightly messy room and the new Marvel poster I got yesterday. I see the book I'm reading (A Little Something Different) and I see all my Mock Trial stuff ready to go (great, now I feel guilty.)

HEARING
I hear Lucia, our dog, whining and barking. I hear the song Mr. Blue by Catherine Feeny and now Best Shot by Birdy and Jaymes Young. I can hear myself coughing and sniffing.

SMELL
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

TOUCH
I feel my fuzzy sock on one foot (the other fell off during the night), I feel the blankets tucked around me. I feel the computer keys as I thank Whaleton for her gift of a star (I still don't get it.)

TASTE
Okay, okay...I admit it. I went downstairs and made myself a cup of tea just so I could sing its praises here.
 How do I even begin to explain Constant Comment? Constant Comment is flawless. I hear its secret recipe is insured for $10,000. I hear it does tea commercials....in Japan. Its favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice. One time it met John Stamos on a plane....and he told it it was delicious. One time it burnt my tongue...it was awesome. 
But seriously. Go buy yourself a box and revile in its amazingness. I would like to take this moment to thank the person who introduced me to this tea....Nicolas. *ahem*
Dear sir,
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.
I am forever in your debt. 
Best wishes,
Catherine

OK well that about covers it. Thanks for listening to me complain and yeah...
Byeeeee!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment