Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Best Music Released in 2014

So a few days ago I started a blog post called "The Best Things That Came From 2014", But I discovered that it would be a REALLY long post and so I decided to break it into three or four segments. The first is music, the next is books and then movies and then (maybe) misc stuff (comics, TV shows, YouTube stuff.)
So without further ado....The best music (In my opinion) that was released in 2014.

Music
We all know that there were ton of breakout artists and cools songs and even albums that we had been waiting FOREVER for. But a lot of good music was skipped over. Some of my favorite songs/albums this year that weren't huge hits.....

Hopeful-Bars and Melody Ok to be honest this was a minor hit and so it isn't completely in the dark, but no one I know has heard of this song. Its a great song that two boys sang/rapped at the X Factor (they won third place) and its got a pretty awesome message. (Note: All the rap was written by the kid singing it.  This makes it a hundred times better.)

Heartbeat- Mat Kearney This is such a catchy song and its great for dancing. I love Mat Kearney (he totally reminds me of Neville Longbottom) and all of his music is awesome.

Come Alive-Rachel Taylor  This album is one of the best things to happen all year. All the music is catching and it has this kinda hardcore/strong female theme to it. My favorite song on this album would be Light A Fire. My one problem with this album is that it is really short. Only six songs.

You're Not Alone-Owl City I will never be able to stress enough how awesome Adam Young is. I seriously don't understand how everyone on the planet is not a huge fan. This song is so ridiculously amazing. According to Google Play I have listened to it 42 times....

Maybe Trapped Mostly Troubled-Tessa Violet This album is so cheerful and adorable. I will admit this music isn't for everyone, but I happen to love it. Tessa is this adorable ball of happiness and sunshine and kittens. My favorite song on this album is either Just Right or Make me a Robot.
Maybe Trapped Mostly Troubled



I also love popular music (like everyone else on this planet) and so here are some popular songs that are awesome.


1989-Taylor Swift We all knew this was going to be on the list. Its just such an amazing album with such variety throughout. Fav song? Wildest Dream or Blank Space.
X-Ed Sheeran Beautiful, catchy, romantic, artistic, supercalifragilistic... These are just some of the adjectives I would use to describe this album. Some of my favorite songs from this album? Photograph, Afire Love (this one made me tear up when I heard what it was about and really listened to the lyrics) and, of course, Thinking out Loud.
Thinking Out Loud-Ed Sheeran This songs gets its own entry, even though its included in the X album, because of its sheer brilliance and romance. I aspire to have a relationship like the one in this song. Every lyric is beautiful and so insightful.
When your legs don't work like they use to
When I can't sweep you off your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?
....
People fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well me... I fall in love with you every single day
And I just want to tell you I am.
ITS SUCH AN AMAZING SONG. I'm not the kind of girl who plans her future wedding, but this song would totally be played at the reception.

Nick Jonas-Nick Jonas While I don't like every song on this album, I have to commend Nick Jonas for making a comeback. And a very good comeback. Some good songs on this album are Warning, Wilderness, Avalanche and Chains.

Classic-MTKO
If I'm being honest here, every single girl on the planet wishes that this song was about them or that someone would sing it to them. I could listen to this song on repeat for DAYS.
Its All About Us- Alex and Sierra
This is one of my favorite albums of all time. The combination of their amazing voices, relatable lyrics and the whole they-are-dating-and-are-a-pop-duo thing makes them my favorite musical couple. Besides maybe Michelle and John Phillips.
Fav song? I love every song but the ones I think that got to me, the ones that really made me feel feels, the ones I related to the most, those ones would be Little Do You Know and I Love You. I Love You especially gets to me, its such a beautiful song. So simple and charming. I wish that their version of love was the one that everyone has. It would make things much simpler. 
I do also have a weakness for Just Kids. Its like the anthem of my life. Except I don't set things on fire. 


There are so many other musical things that I didn't have space to do them justice. Honorable Mentions: Lindsey Stirling's Shatter Me, Piano Guy's Wonders, Damien Rice's My Favorite Faded Fantasy and many more.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment