Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Blog Challenge Day 11: My 15 Favorite Things

This calls for a song...
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string
These are a few of my favorite things

Bowties on timelords and gingers in jumpers
Marvel and characters like that little rabbit, Thumper
Music and books and the time before spring
These are a few of my favorite things

Show that leave tears on my nose and eyelashes
Peace while the flames burn slowly to the ashes
The boy that never grows and flies as if with wings
These are a few of my favorite things!!

When the Moffat bites, when the feels sting
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad
(Part of this is from the Sound of Music, part of its from Tumblr and part of it I wrote.)
Although in all seriousness, those are some of my favorite things.
  1. Raindrops on roses. I've always loved rain (its actually raining now and it has boosted my level of happiness to unfathomable heights) but its hard because I LIVE IN TEXAS. Winter here is like summer in Boston. "So I gather there isn't there much rain?" You ask. "Ha-ha!" I cry. "I long for the day when the rain comes again, dropping its sweet, happy tears on roses and streaking my windows and laughing with the pitter patter of its feet as it comes and leaves, so quickly that you almost would never know it was here, but for the puddles of its tears gathered in the sidewalk cracks and in the eaves of the houses." (I tend to be poetic when I'm bored.)
  2. Whiskers on kittens. I love cats. I've always wanted one, but my dad is allergic (or so he says...) Plus I have two dogs and five siblings. I'm just going to wait until I'm in college to become a crazy cat lady.
  3. Bright copper kettles. Well, really any kind of kettles. Kettles mean tea and I do love tea.
  4. Warm woolen mittens. So this is the thing that I don't LOVE. I mean mittens are great! But I haven't worn them since I was 6... But for the sake of order, in my mind I change "mittens" to "any clothes that are really cozy."
  5. Brown paper packages tied up with string. I LOVE getting mail. Like real mail. A letter from a friend or a package with a new book! I also love getting emails from friends just saying, "Oh I saw this and it reminded me of you." or "Hey! Just wanting to see how you are doing!" It totally makes my day.
  6. Bowties on timelords. I love Matt Smith. This is something that if you pay attention you will know already. I love Matt Smith, Matt Smith wears bowties, bowties are cool. Ergo anyone who wears a bowtie is cool and I will fall in love with them. Its just the way of things. This is completely sound logic. Trust me.
  7. Gingers in jumpers. This probably means Ronald Weasley. But I really take it to mean Ed Sheeran, who is another person I am madly in love with. And while we are talking about Ed Sheeran, lets talk about his best friend, Taylor Swift and how amazing, stylish, talented, generous, beautiful, kind and awesome she is.
  8. Marvel. I do take the stance that Marvel is better than DC (please don't hate me.) Its mostly because I love the believable flaws in the Marvel Characters. There are flaws in the DC characters too, but they are like perfect, understandable, logical flaws. Whereas Marvel's characters have relateable flaws.
  9. Characters like that little rabbit Thumper.  I may have only chosen this one because it rhymes, but it has some truth to it. I like cute things and Thumper and little characters like him are definitely cute.
  10. Music. I definitely love music. I can't put my love of music into words. Its just....music is so amazing...
  11. BOOKS. I am a definite bibliophile. I own over 200 books. Most people don't understand why I have to own books and not just get them at the library or something. *sigh* you just wouldn't understand.....
  12. The time before spring. This is a fancy way of saying "winter". Winter is one of the best seasons of the year in my opinion. Its perfect! Cold cozy weather for biscuits and tea, breaks for Christmas, scarves and sweaters and holiday flavors!
  13. Shows that leave tears on my nose and eyelashes. I do love a good sad show. Doctor Who, Sherlock, OUAT, House M.D., Grey's Anatomy, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are just some of the shows that left me in tears.
  14. Peace while the flames burn slowly to the ashes. I really enjoy some quiet time. Sure its fun to go out to a party or have a friend come over, but in general I like being alone. Alone is comforting.
  15. The boy that never grows and flies as if with wings. I've had a strange obsession with Peter Pan ever since I was 7. I still love the book and have it by my bed and the Disney movie brings back such great memories. But one of the best things that I have ever seen is the Peter Pan movie starring Jeremy Sumpter. It makes me cry ever time because ITS SO AMAZING. Its very close to the book and its the perfect amount of adventure, wisdom and romance.
I spent WAY too much time answering a simple question. And I'm still a blog post behind!! Its really bugging me! I HAVE TO CATCH UP!!
Cheers!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment