Monday, January 12, 2015

My royal and noble ancestors

When I was younger I always fantasized about a Royal family finding out that I was their long lost child that got kidnapped and put into an orphanage where my parents found me. And they swooped me up and BAM, I'm a princess. Now my dreams are far more realistic (like marrying Matt Smith), but little did I know that my princess dream? Not that far off from reality.

So I knew I was related to George Washington (this is evident by my fabulous leadership skills and inability to tell a lie) and Robert E. Lee, but apparently I am also a descendant of AUSTRALIA ROYALTY.


Oh yeah... royalty. This comes from my mother's side of the family, the Ryans (so I share this trait with Whaleton.) Isn't that cool?! I'm have royal blood!!

Oh, you think I'm done?
Nope. Sit back down because there is more.
Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time... There was a noble family with lots of sons. The family, being in the good graces of the king of France at that time, was given large tracts of land in the French Canadian district. Each son was given land and large amounts of money as part of their inheritance and their noble blood. One of the sons fell in love with a beautiful girl (okay I don't know if she was beautiful, but I'm take poetic license on this story.) Anyway....The girl was a peasant. This meant, that being of noble blood, the son could not marry her without giving up his title and all his money and land. And because he was madly in love with this beautiful peasant girl, he did just that. He married her and became poor, while the rest of his family remained rich and titled.

And guess from which son my dad's family is decent from?
Yoooooooou guessed it! The poor one!!
I really hope that that guy REALLY loved that girl. Oh well, all's fair in love and war.
Oh and speaking of war... because he wasn't a noble, it meant when the French Revolution came around, he didn't lose his head. So at least he had that going for him.
But yeah, I'm an Australian Princess and a French Noble. (Okay not REALLY, but its fun to pretend.)

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment