Monday, January 26, 2015

Blog Challenge Day 16: My proudest moment

My proudest moment? Getting accepted in the National Honor's Society.

Yep. That's it.
You can close this tab now.
I'm not going to do anything else like, oh I don't know, share my most embarrassing moment.
Nope.
Definitely not going to do that.
Not going to happen.
Seriously. Its not.
Ugh.
Fine.
Okay.
If you INSIST.

CATHERINE'S MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT
If you are wondering why I'm doing this, its because I randomly remembered this today and I kinda want to get it off my chest. Announce it to the world. Maybe it will become less embarrassing. Probably not. But hopefully you will laugh and that's all that matters.
Okay.
Here we go.
*Deep breath*
Before we begin, I need to say a few things:
  1. This may not seem as embarrassing as it actually was.
  2. I was 13 at the time.
  3. I am a private person (most of the time) and this was like the epitome of horribleness for me.
So this was about two years ago and at that time I was in my church choir. Let me paint you a picture. The choir loft is at the back of the church over looking the rest of it. To help you here is a picture:
This is pretty much the view that the choir has except we are further back so we can't see as much of the congregation (that part is crucial to the story.)
So I was in the choir with a good friend of mine, Lauren. We sang at the 9:30 mass, which was the mass that was recorded and put on the local TV channel. Lauren knew a lot about me including....my crush back then. I think you might know where this is going....
So one Sunday morning, we are singing in choir as usual. When it was time for communion, we stood up and sang the song that we had prepared. Just as we had finished, I noticed the boy I had a crush on. I hadn't noticed him before because he was sitting in the back were I couldn't see him. So I see him walk down the line to get communion and as the stupid 13 year old girl I was, I started grinning and giggling. Lauren then saw him too, and grinned and giggled with me.
I think you know what happened.
Yeah. 
It was on TV.
And it was painfully obvious too, because the way the recording was cut was that you see the boy receiving communion and then walking back to his seat and then it cuts to me and Lauren giggling like idiots.
Yep.
That happened.
But the story doesn't end there.
Oh no.
Its gets worse.
So you'd think, "Oh well it was on TV for a split second and maybe some people saw, but at least no one you know watches the TV mass and your parents will never see it."
You'd think that wouldn't you?
BUT OH NO.
You see that was the day that the camera man (whom I was friends with) decided to record the mass and give it to me to give my parents.
AND I DIDN'T KNOW THAT IT HAD THAT EMBARRASSING MOMENT ON THERE.
So I get home and give it to my parents.
So later when they had some friends over and they were bragging about their girls in the choir and decided to show everyone the recording, GUESS WHAT A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE SAW?
YEP. ME GIGGLING OVER A BOY.

So there we have it. My most embarrassing moment. Immortalized forever.

I still have that recording. I should destroy that...
Kat.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. I'm sure I would've been mortified too lol.

    ReplyDelete