Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blog Challenge Day 20: A dark, dark time.

*Melodramatic music*
I remember like it just last week.... this may be because it was last week. Around 12 A.M., there I was innocently typing away at my computer: chatting with friends, tumblr-ing, watching Christina Perri and Colin O'Donoghue create perfection in music video form.
Then.... the unthinkable happened.
I first realized it when a message didn't go through.
Message not delivered.
"What?" I thought to myself. "What is happening...."
Next my music didn't repeat like it was suppose to.
I clicked to that tab. The page was struggling to load, like a fish struggling to breathe on land.
Then I looked down..... and saw it.
The internet had gone out.
I tried a different network.
Nothing.
I tried logging in to the previous network again.
Still nothing.
For about an hour, I was bent over the computer begging it to work, to show me a sign of life, ANYTHING.
But no.
The internet had just.... disappeared.
I sat there stunned. Unable to think. "What am I going to do?" I thought to myself as I blinked back tears. "What shall I do?"
I decided to read a little and then after checking the internet connection again, I went to bed.
The next morning....IT STILL WASN'T WORKING. Well it was mostly working, but my email wouldn't load.
At this point I started freaking out. I had a online class that morning and I DON'T MISS CLASSES. EVER. (Well I did ONCE, but that was because I was at a lecture on bio-chemics and stem cell research. Once in a life time opportunity trumps biology class.) I got to my knees and begged God for the site to work.
And it did.
The rest of the tabs I tried to open still weren't working, but the online class did. And around lunch the internet finally went back up.

And this concludes the darkest time of my life.
Cheers!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment