Thursday, January 15, 2015

Best Movies of 2014

Movies
Again, I think 2014 was a GREAT year for movies. Apparently not everyone agrees with me.
This is in no apparent order because I have a terrible memory and literally the only movie date that I remember is Divergent and thats because it came out three days before my birthday.

Divergent
My favorite part of this movie was the fact that they stayed so close to the book. Sure there were differences, but in general it was pretty close. I think that Shai Woodley did a great job and I look forward to seeing her (and her short hair) in Insurgent. One thing: Theo is too old to be Four. And to handsome, which is a weird thing to say, but there is such a thing as too handsome and Theo is it.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Another amazing movie that was absolutely hilarious! I actually liked that it wasn't really consistent, but just a hilarious movie with great actors (I'm looking at you, Chris) and awesome characters (I am Groot.) The one thing I didn't really like about the movie was Gamora. A guy friend of mine recently asked "who is your favorite character? Gamora, right?" I feel slightly bad now about how I chewed him out over assuming that the female character was a girl's favorite character. He handled it all very nicely, but I still feel bad.... Anyway I just think that Gamora is a weak character and was just put there because the writers needed a female to rounded it all out.
Favorite part of the movie.
The Theory Of  Everything
This movie made me feel all sorts of feels. it was absolutely beautiful and DOCTOR WHO REFERENCE. The style of the whole thing was amazing because you see the different fashions throughout the years. Eddie Redmayne is absolutely perfect for the role of Stephen Hawkings. My favorite part was when he was courting his future wife at the beginning. Its so adorable and I love it. Also you don't see much of the lost art of courting any more so it was nice to see some of it (even if it took place 50-ish years ago.)

The Fault in Our Stars
I could go on and on about this movie. Its so romantic and adorable and I wish my life was this movie. Actually scratch that... I wish I had an Augustus Waters who would do big grand romantic gestures. Well... more like small romantic gestures, I'm not a big showy feely person. But anyway.... See I could go on AND ON about everything about this movie. MOVING ON.... my one issue is that Shai Woodley wasn't a great actress choice for that role, even though I love her. Ansel on the other hand....

Big Hero Six 
Great family movie. Hilarious and heartwarming. It made me cry a little (most everything does) and the character development is amazing. Although I still think that Tadashi should have come back. I may have a tiny crush on him.

Unbroken
This movie.... It's probably the best movie I've seen in 2014. Totally heart wrenching and absolutely beautiful, this movie very much toys with your emotions the entire 2 hours of cinematic perfection. The ending was beautiful and I wish it was a little bit longer so that we could see more of his life after he was freed, but the editing on the ending was amazing. The actor for Louie was perfect and the casting for the kid Louie was UNBELIEVABLE. I seriously think that they just went back in time to film him, because there is no way there is a kid that looks SO MUCH LIKE HIM. The one thing I didn't like...THE DAMN SHARKS JUMPING OUT OF THE DAMN WATER. I SCREAMED IN A MOVIE THEATER SO THANKS FOR THAT ANGELINA JOLIE.
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Great continuation of the first one and CHRIS EVANS SO YEAH IT WAS AWESOME. I need to see it again because I spent the entire time explaining what was happening to my "movie buddies." NEVER. AGAIN.
The Giver
This was quite possible one of the best movies of 2014. Not only it is based off an AWESOME book (and if follows it rather well) but its a wonderful movie that really makes you appreciate everything. The ending especially was the best thing ever. I just.... feels....my heart...so beautiful... The colors really made this movie special and also Taylor Swift appearance! Every single actor was perfect for the role that he was in. Honestly I don't know why this movie isn't a huge deal. ITS SO AMAZING. Bonus: Jonas is cute and rather than being a 12 year old boy (like in the book) he is 16!
The Lego Movie
So funny! Even my dad liked it!
Me all the time
The Amazing Spider Man 2
I think you know what I'm going to say about this....GWEN STACY WHY DID YOU DIE? I really can't go on without making this blog post a lot longer than it already is.

The Maze Runner
I spent the entire movie making this face at my girl friends who were with me. There are some nice looking boys in that movie....
Monuments Men
I CAN'T NOT SING THE PRAISES OF THIS MOVIE ENOUGH. WATCH IT. WATCH IT AND THANK ME LATER.
Mr. Peabody and Sherman
Absolutely hilarious and adorable! Plus DOCTOR WHO REFERENCE IN THE TRAILER.
Muppets Most Wanted
Not quite as good as I had hoped but the music is hilarious and awesome and Tina Fey is HILARIOUS.


And there we go. All the movies I saw in theaters this year. I saw a lot of movies. Wow... ANd I'm seeing the Imitation Game on Saturday so expect a review! Or actually don't. And then if you get a review, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment