Sunday, January 11, 2015

Thoughts while watching Into The Woods

I have been SO excited to see this movie ever since I saw the trailer. Its a Disney Musical with lots of famous people!! Whats not to love? Well, a lot, as it turns out. But anyway we'll get to that later. First the cast.

Meryl Streep as The witch who is seriously confusing everyone about which side she's on.
Anna Kendrick as The only redeeming factor of this movie.
Emily Blunt as The baker's wife who apparently has a thing for princes.
James Corden as Craig Owen (because lets face it, its almost the exact same storyline.)
Chris Pine as the prince to end all princes (and not in a good way...)
Johnny Depp as The Wolf who really needs to rephrase his one song.
Daniel Huttlestone as That little kid from Les Miz, with Justin Bieber hair.
Lilla Crawford as A future serial killer (oh and Little Red Riding Hood.)

Thoughts
OK so what's happening? (We were ten minutes late because MIMI COULDN'T JUST ANSWER HER PHONE.)
Ooooooh, the music gives me chills.
Wait how many fairy tales are they squishing in here?
I'm pretty sure that if I could call birds to pick up lentils I would do it RIGHT AWAY. Instead of hopelessly pawing at the ground.
Wait isn't that....Hattie from Ella Enchanted? I would hate to be that actress....
Little Red Riding Hood is jerk...
Oh fertility problems. Okay. Was not expecting that.
Hellooooooo, Chris Pine.
Whoa. So Chris Pine is old.
Oh but his brother is cu--, annnnnnnd he's an idiot....
Yes, because ripping off your shirt is the definition of agony.
Oh this is hilarious. I wonder how long until I can watch this scene illegally online.
Why don't they just tell everyone why they need the stuff? I'm sure that they would just give it to them then.
So wait...Craig Owens now has a son and so that makes the son....Stormageddon. *gasp*
Yay!! Its a happily ever after for every--wait a second.
That was only an hour.
There's more.
So is this going to be Disney fairy tales or--
Oh, okay...this is dark stuff.
Wow...thats a giant wife...*snickers*
WAIT NO DON'T KISS HIM. YOU HAVE CRAIG OWENS AND ALF--I MEAN STORMAGEDDON.
And that is what happens when you kiss a terrible prince.
I'm bored.
Still bored.
OKAY NOW I SHIP CRAIG AND CINDERELLA.
Well at least the music was awesome.
This movie needs a new name....
I know, I know..I have terrible editing skills.
Other name suggestions: All Magic Comes With a Price, Be Careful What You Wish For, Don't Trust the Creepy Witch, All Princes Are Actually Jerks, and Magic is Better than Beauty.
Overall it was a good movie, though not GREAT. I do suggest going to see it though. The one scene with the two princes itself makes the whole thing worth it.
Kat
P.S. Funny thing happened at the movie theater. We were walking out and just tearing apart the movie, I mean just discussing every detail and debating it furiously, when the guy in front of us turns around and says, "So what... are you guys here for like school or something?"
And Mimi says, "Nope. We just like to dissect movies. Its our job in life as people."
That about sums us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment