Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Doctor Who Barnes and Noble experience

Right now I'm at Barnes and Noble. I've been here for about 2 hours, (this is what happens when your mom meets someone at Barnes and Noble and you decide at the last minute to go with her and do an impressive "two minute-get dressed/brush teeth and hair/grab backpack and laptop and rush out the door" routine.)
So for the first hour I read a Ms. Marvel comic book, sipped Peppermint Hot Chocolate (apparently there is coffee in Peppermint Hot Chocolate and this is why I had the energy to walk around for a hour and this is also why I'm about to collapse on the floor) and did some research on my computer. The second hour I decide to get up and look around for a book and I spent 45 minutes just wandering around not finding anything that was in my price range (which to be honest was fairly small.) Finally I found a Doctor Who TARDIS string of lights that I had seen before and was tempted to buy, but was eventually off put by the price  ($20.) But today it was 50% off and I thought, "Ehh...Why not? These will look awesome in my room." And so after pick out an Agatha Christie book (Spider's Web) I decided to check out. Upon arriving at the checkout counter I had a interesting conversation with the guy who was manning the cashier.

Me: Here we go *places lights and book on counter*
Guy: Awesome! Wait are these 50% off?! I'll have to go get some! Is this the last one?
Me: No there are one or two left.
Guy: Great. I'm definitely going to get one.
Me: So I'm guessing you're a Doctor Who fan?
Guy: Oh yeah, I'm a huge fan.
Me *immediate respect for this guy* So have you seen the Christmas special yet?
Guy: Not yet. Its been a bit of a hard time for me with Capaldi.
Me: Same here! I mean I like him, but I just really miss Matt Smith.
Guy: Yeah, Matt Smith was amazing.
Me: So what do you think of Clara? I know there is some controversy there.
Guy: I think she's cool, but I liked Amy Pond better. Clara is good, but she is much better with Matt Smith, that half season was just them having fun. There was a some great chemistry there.
Me: Yeah, I really miss Matt Smith.
Guy: Yeah me too.
*moment of silence for the past Doctor*
Guy: So these where in the back? *points at the lights*
Me: Yep! In the clearance thing in the middle of the store.
Guy: Great! Thanks!
Me: Welcome!

*end conversation*

There is nothing more amazing then finding another Whovian NOT on the internet.
This totally made my day.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment