Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Whaleton's Visit-Day 1 and 2

So the greatest thing in the world has happened- I got into the National Honor's Society!!


Just kidding.
I did get in, but the greatest thing in the world that happened is that WHALETON CAME TO VISIT!! *crazy dancing* Oh and Sharkie came too....
Unfortunately they are only coming for six days and not forever like I wish she would (actually that is a possibility, but more on that later.) Anyway because we both like to document our adventures here, we've decided to do that now. (You can read Whaleton's side here: http://whaletonsvoyage.blogspot.com/)

Day 1, Friday the 12 of December.
We woke up and talked for a bit (she's staying in my room) and then we were called downstairs for morning ritual and breakfast. After we came back upstairs and got dressed and talked some more. Then we went over to Grandma's for lunch and while I was making lunch and watching People's Court, Whaleton fulfilled her cousinly duty to the youngsters by playing Foursquare with them. Apparently she fell and scraped her hand (which I think is just a ploy to get sympathy so she could easily beat the kids at Foursquare.)
After that we watch Divorce Court and ate doritos and cookies.
We literally spent the rest of afternoon doing nothing. Absolutely nothing and it was glorious.
Then mum dragged us to Target so we could purchase a gift for Jane's birthday party. And we ended up buy tons of stuff....but very little of it was for Jane. We bought Christmas presents for each other and Whaleton and I bought matching mugs with little sweaters.
Then we went to a birthday party at the Winter Wonderland. AND. THAT. WAS. AWESOME.
It was slightly awkward because we told the mother in charge that we just were going to wander around and not get involved because technically Whaleton and Sharkie were not invited. So we payed for our tickets to ice skate and everything, but were kinda forced to stay with the group most of the time. (We did get to escape to devour fried food: funnel cake in my case and fried oreos in Whaleton's.) But other than that we had an awesome time! We skated.... Went on a carriage ride... And a ferris wheel... And after we were so tired, but so happy.

  

Day 2, Saturday the 13 of December

So Saturday morning we were told that we had the option to go to the Waco Farmer's Market. I was like, "yes, Yes YES!" But Whaleton seemed strangely not really into it. But being a good sport we piled into the car and went to the FM. Upon arrival her reaction was, and here I quote Whaleton, "It was the most amazing place ever and not what I expected." We wandered around for a while. Then we had delicious burritos. We eat them so fast! And also some cinnamon buns.


Then we walked around for a while, and saw Thomas, Megan and Dani. We also wrote on the "Before I die..." board. Whaleton wrote "Go to Australia." And I wrote "Live in London." After that we went to Cameron's Trading Center to look for something I need for a present for Mita. We didn't find it, but we did go to Dichotomy after and sat on the roof top and looked over Waco and that was so much fun.
After that mum wanted to show auntie more things around Cameron Park, so we went to Lover's Leap and looked over the edge and then I remember how much I hate heights.... But we got some cute pictures and then we FINALLY went home.
And after about an hour of rest, we went to mass. Where I got to introduce Whaleton around, was forced to sing in a childrens choir, see some friends who I haven't seen in a while, have an EXTREMELY awkward conversation with the quietest person I know, see Nicolas, who I haven't seen it what feels like forever, and talk to Megan some more.
Then we went home and SLEPT.

No comments:

Post a Comment