Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Whaleton's Visit-Day 3 and 4

Day 3, Sunday the 14th of December
After the usual Sunday brunch, we embarked on a voyage to Barnes and Noble. While there we ran into Stan, our former art teacher, and I didn't buy a book. I know, I know. Totally out of character for me and I really really really wanted to, but I didn't. Mainly because of the fact that there weren't any good books and the only books I wanted (Fangirl and Eleanor and Park), I haven't read before so I don't know if they are good or not (I suspect they are.) Anyway after we got home, we had spaghetti and meatballs or just meatballs in Whaleton's and my case. During dinner Whaleton and I watched Cutthroat Kitchen and can I just say that CHIEF MCNUTT WAS ROBBED. SHE HAD TO COOK ON A CAMPFIRE STOVE AND SHE HAD TO SWITCH ALL HER INGREDIENTS AND EVEN THOUGH CHIEF BRIAN LOOKS LIKE RORY WILLIAMS HE STILL IS A TERRIBLE CHIEF AND DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN.
Okay, okay....I'm cool...I'm cool...
After that we had an awesome, epic, and intense ping pong tournament. The last match was between Sharkie and me. It was close.....but Sharkie won. (Actually it wasn't close at all. She totally whipped my butt.)
Then....sleep.

Day 4, Monday the 15th of December
Okay so Monday was arguably the best day of the trip. Why you ask? Because we had a meeting with an admission counselor at Baylor.

So a bit of backstory. Whaleton and I have always wanted to go to Baylor, its our dream. We've talked about it for years and this past year or so we really started to make plans. So auntie had called for Whaleton to take a look at the school and she asked me to go with her so we embarked on a mission to take our future in hand.

When we got to the administration office we filled out this little cards that put us in the system and after the secretary offered us some drinks (Dr. Pepper for me, water for Whaleton because she hates carbonation....weirdo...) we sat down and waited for a few minutes until our counselor came in. She took us to her office and for about 30-45 minutes we discussed Baylor as a prospective college choice. Auntie talked a lot. Most of the time actually. Repeating the same things over and over and over. But we did get to ask some questions that will be helpful when we apply. Cene, the counselor also gave us notebooks, folders and real Dr. Pepper (Whaleton gave hers to me.)
After that we met mum at Common Grounds and I got a butterbeer which was so ridiculously delicious!!! We sat down and basically planned out our entire future.
Common Grounds also spelled my name wrong on my cup and Whaleton tried to hide and save me from that, but it was too late. The damage had been done.
Then we went home and listen to my dad go on and on and on and on about a Liberal Arts education. Then we cleaned up and went to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment