Friday, December 19, 2014

Whaleton's Visit-Day 5 and 6

So as of now Whaleton is Brownwood, Texas, with her grandmother on her dad's side. Which means she isn't with me. Which means our trip is over and I've slipped into a detox of Whaleton which is never a pretty thing. Its like that feeling after you go to a party, you had fun and you are glad it happened but there is this little feeling of sadness that the fun is over and you have to go back to normal life now. Imagine that feeling times about 10000. That is what I'm feeling right now. Anyway..... enough with the self pitying and moving on with the purpose of this last Whaleton's Visit post.

Day 5, Tuesday the 16th of December
So we bargained and pleaded with the adults to let us see a movie and they did.....with much passive aggressiveness. So they dropped us off at Jason's Deli (we have a tradition to eat there and then see a movie) and we had lunch there and we saw Mimi's dad! Which was a surprise! So we all ordered (Whaleton I'm sorry about the salad bar thing, from now on don't listen to a word I say)  and ate quickly and then we had free ice cream. Now TECHNICALLY when they say free ice cream they mean in little cones or bowls, but we filled to-go cups with ice cream and had milkshakes (after the ice cream had finally melted a bit.) Then we went to the theater. After smuggling the milkshakes in Whaleton and I saw the movie The Theory of Everything. WHICH WAS REALLY GOOD DESPITE WHAT EVERYONE IS TELLING ME ABOUT STEPHEN HAWKINGS. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, JUST BECAUSE I DON'T AGREE WITH HIM DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO HATE THE MAN, HE HAS SOME VALID THEORIES. Grrrrrrrrrr.... I spent all Tuesday and Wednesday telling people that "Oh I saw the Theory of Everything about Stephen Hawkings" and the reaction EVERY SINGLE TIME WAS "Oh thats the atheist with the blasphemous theories right?" Ok, not every time. One person didn't, but that is possibly because he thought I was talking about the Imitation Game. Anyway after that we drove by the house on our street that is going to be on Fixer Upper. And then that night Whaleton and I watched Love Actually (wow that movie....) and I drank an entire bottle of fake champagne (only because Whaleton didn't want an on account of it being carbonation and I wasn't about to share it with anyone else.)
Sharkie at the Movie Theater. She makes a cute elf.

Day 6, Wednesday the 17 of December
So the parents spent the morning at the shooting range (this is Texas after all) so we spent the day in bed looking at pictures of Yorkshire puppies and planning to move to Yorkshire for a semester in college. I chatted with a few friends online and then we scrolled through Facebook making fun of people. Then we went back out and shoot at some tin cans with the BB gun in our PJs.
Whaleton has "accidentally" deleted all pictures of her in her PJS, but there are pictures of us when we got dress and did an ANTM style photo shoot (no pun intended. You know? Because we are shooting things with the BB gun and taking pictures? Oh never mind....)
And can I just say that I shot five cans in a row WITHOUT MY GLASSES. And my eyesight is so bad that at one point Whaleton was looking at a picture of a mountain on the bed next to me and I thought it was Tyler Oakley. She was literally three feet away and I thought it was Tyler Oakely...
That evening we played Flashlight tag in the Lot Next Door which was AWESOME! I would love to play it with people who are not under the age of 11 and throw tantrums when they get caught, but besides that it was awesome! Then we had delicious stew and bread for dinner and then Whaleton and I went upstairs and watched some HIMYM and talked for a bit and then went to bed.


Thursday was pretty much packing, law breaking, biscuits and bacon, and tears. And thats about it. I had Mock Trial that evening and when I got home I ran upstairs to tell Whaleton everything and vent about certain things and she wasn't there. And that was heartbreaking. GOD I MISS HER.

No comments:

Post a Comment