Sunday, December 21, 2014

Thoughts had while trying on makeup for the first time

I'm not a terribly lady-like or girly girl. I only wear concealer when I have the mandatory  teenage acne and I use chapstick or a tinted lip balm (its similar to lipstick but it sounds more fancy when you say it like that.) But this all changed when I had a conversation with my mother...

*Walks into Walgreens*
*Walks down the Makeup aisle in search of shoe polish*
Mum: Would you like to wear makeup?
Me: Uhhhh....What?
Mum: Well not like all the makeup girls wear nowadays, but do you want to start wearing makeup?
Me: I guess I could try it out....
Mum: I don't want you wearing tons of concealer, but maybe a little makeup around your...
*Here she gets distracted by Walgreens savings*
Me: Eyes? You know I only wear concealer on occasion so I have no idea how to use eye makeup.
Mum: Yes. I think you could wear a little around your eyes. And I've got some stuff that you can mess around with at home.
Me: Okay then.... I'll give it a try.
*End conversation*

Then today as I was getting ready for mass and putting on the concealer (in my mom's bathroom  because the concealer is actually my mom's, which tells you about my makeup buy habits) my mother pulls a eye liner thingy out of her bathroom. I let her put a little eyeliner around my eyes and it look...pretty.  It made my eyes look feminine and kinda flirty... I was not entire opposed to it. I thought nothing of it until I went to Target with my sister, Mita and my neighbor and good friend Mimi. There Mimi spotted a $5 eye makeup kit and thats how I wound up with makeup in my bedroom at 9 at night. I know the saying is "Nothing good ever happens after 2am," but for me its, "Nothing ever happens after 9pm when you are bored" and so I have decided to try out this eye makeup.

Thoughts
So in what order am I supposed to do this?
Ok so start with eye shadow.
Ohh that looks pretty. Maybe I should put a little more on....
NOPE TOO MUCH. I look like a racoon.
Ok so eyeliner next.
Now I get why girls complain about this stuff so much.
This isn't so bad...
OHMYGOSH THAT LOOKS TERRIBLE.
OK, ok I can fix this....
I can't fix this....
Ok so starting over WITHOUT EYELINER
Actually the smudged makeup from trying to wipe it off looks pretty good. I'm just going to add a little eyeliner.
Oh.
That looks nice.
Now curling eyelashes.
Ok now mascara.
Holy crap. I look GOOD.
My eyes look huge and adorable.
*Does puppy dog eyes*
ANTM HERE I COME.
*gets excited and runs downstairs to show Mita*
Mita: Oh that looks cool!
Monica (five year old sister who shares a room with Mita): Catherine what are on your eyes?! You look terrible! You look prettier with it off.
Me:.....

So yeah there is my entire first experience with makeup.
Now I need to try and get the stuff OFF.

Peace out peeps,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment