Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Blog Challenge Day 24: Childhood books

As a kid, I was big into picture books. I loved big, swirly, fancy illustrations and characters that leaped from the pages and into your heart.
There were many books that fulfilled my need of pictures, but none as well as Saint George and the Dragon.
I, of course, knew the story. But this was retold in a totally different way than the one I had learned. Saint George marries a beautiful princess after the end of the tale, there is an actual dragon and and the fact that fairies were involved are just some of the changes from the story I knew.
The illustrations are big and beautiful with eye capturing detail. You notice new things every time you open the pages and flip through them.


And of course the ending that every young girl desires: a beautiful wedding.

And that was my favorite childhood book.
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment