Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween

Halloween is actually my least favorite holiday. Not that I don't love dressing up or eating tons of candy, but I feel like Halloween is kinda cheap. I would love a Halloween that is pure scariness. Just ghost, monsters, vampires. ( I also love the pumpkins and scarecrows, but those belong more to fall than to Halloween.) I would love to be scared out of my mind on Halloween, instead of seeing a bunch of cheap decorations. I mean Halloween has some great parts for example.


  • Costumes. This is literally cosplay that normal people do. I really love dressing up. Tonight I went to a saints party and I went as Kateri Tekakwitha.
  • CANDY I LOVE candy. Who doesn't? Well actually I know people who don't like candy and they are not high in my book.
  • There are some actually scary parts of Halloween. I've always wanted to go to some of the movies that come out around Halloween. Unfortunately, I have parents who don't like that so much.
So there are good parts to Halloween! But there are so many stupid parts to.

  • The decorations.  They are just juvenile. Plastic spider, really? I'm terrified. 
  • The ads. I really hate Halloween ads, it just depresses me. All the terribly immodest costumes for women. And they aren't even that good!!
  • Trick or treating. I love that Halloween gives me a free pass to eat tons of candy, but I dislike trick or treating. I mean when I was younger, it was awesome! I loved it! But now, I would prefer to stay at home, watch a scary movie and eat candy from the store.
When I read books set in the 1950s or so, I really like Halloween. The kids all dress up in homemade costumes that their mothers made. They go out and knock on the doors of people they know and trust. And they get
 candy! And other cool stuff! Its a fun thing! I think that if Halloween wasn't so commercialized and it was more scary, I'd like it a lot better. Maybe even look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment