Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Random Thoughts about Autumn

If you call it "Autumn" you either are a poet, a hipster, or when you were five you watched the Winnie the Pooh where Christopher goes missing and Pooh refers to Fall as Autumn the entire movie prompting you to ask your grandmother what "autumn" was and her telling you that its the same of Fall and you being confused for a good week before you just moved on. (Guess which one I am.)



So the official flavor of Autumn is pumpkin. (I think I can safely say that without incurring the wrath of people on the internet.) So we get this from the surplus of pumpkins that are harvested around Autumn. But beets are also harvested around Autumn and I don't see any beet lattes. Now you could argue that pumpkins taste better than beets and so that is why they are blended into a frappuccino with whipped cream on top and and an incorrect name on the cup. "BUT...." I would argue back, "Pumpkins don't taste better than beets without tons of sugar and spices. Have you ever tasted a pumpkin straight from the source? Because that stuff is not what I expected in my pumpkin flavored skim-milk latte. So ergo, if pumpkins can be magically transformed into yummy-ness with sugar and spices, why not beets?" Just a thought. I believe in vegetable equality.


Autumn is by far the most "hipster-y" season. Lets recap.

Hipsters Love                                                  Autumn provides
Scarves                                                             Cold weather to wear scarves
Boots                                                                Cold weather and puddles to splash in
Starbucks                                                        New flavors and reasons to buy hot coffee
Vintage Clothing and layering                    New "old" fashions and the weather to layer
Fresh produce                                                Autumn Harvest
Vaguely known music                                  New albums and music festivals
Pictures on Instagram                                 Perfect backgrounds/places to take photos

SEE WHAT I MEAN?!
 On a slightly unrelated note, Hipsters are a lot like old people.



Autumn is a perfect time to get artistic and creative juices flowing. There's something about the brightly colored leaves cascading to the ground in flurries of gold, red and brown that makes everyone a poet.     ^See what I mean?


Anyway, thats all I have for today.
Despite my mockings of Autumn, it is definitely my favorite season. I love the rain and tea and even the pumpkin everything.

Peace out peeps,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment