Sunday, November 16, 2014

Naming a Teddy Bear.

There is a teddy bear that I have had for YEARS. And as a kid I never named it. Recently I found this teddy bear again and I thought to myself, "Hey, he needs a name!" So today I'm going to brainstorm names for him.

First, about this teddy bear....
He is a dude teddy bear.
He was made in London.
He has pale golden fur.
He is very soft and cushy.

The way I'm going to do this is there are three rounds of names with a different theme. Each round will produce one or two winners to compete in the final round of naming. Each final name is accompanied by the pros and cons.

And let the naming comense!
And may the odds be ever in your favor.

First round of names....
FANDOMS
Shawn Spencer
Sherlock 
Watson
George O'Malley
Loki
Killian
Second round
TRADITIONAL
David
Matt
Jesse
Charles
Edmund
William
Third round
RANDOM
Danny
Denny
Benedict Cumberbear
Scotty
Flynn
After much  deliberation the final results are....

Fandoms
George O'Malley
PROS- George O'Malley is an sweet and cuddly character from Grey's Anatomy. He is literally a teddy bear in human form (who can also perform surgeries...) He's also Irish so...EXTRA POINTS FOR BEING IRISH (Anything Irish gets extra points in my book. If you're Irish, I'll marry you.)
CONS- While I love George, its a little weird having a teddy bear named after him. Especially a teddy bear that I sleep with.
Traditional
Edmund
PROS-My favorite character from the Chronicles of Narnia. I had a crush on Edmund when I was younger. I like the dark side of him. I like the bad boys. (Actually I don't. I think always go for the safe guy, even if there is less passion. This especially came out tonight when I watched Princess Diaries 2 with my siblings. MIA SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH ANDREW. He was nice and charming and adorable and sweet and just so damn awesome!! And while Nicholas was played by Chris Pine (extra points for Chris Pine) he was a bad boy!! ALWAYS GO FOR THE GOOD GUY. And I'm talking to you, Meredith!! FINN IS AMAZING AND LOVED ANIMALS, AND DEREK FORGOT TO MENTION THAT HE WAS MARRIED. THE CHOICE IS EASY. Anyway I'm off topic....)
CONS- As stated above, I don't go for bad boys.

Darcy
PROS- Because he is the best literary character EVER. He is witty and clever, handsome and kind, reserved and shy, smart and compassionate, romantic and perfect. Seriously, Augustus Waters has (or more accurately... "had") nothing on him.
CONS-I can't think of a con. What about you? Yeah you. Do you know a con? Yes? Well whatever it is stupid because he is FITZWILLIAM FREAKIN' DARCY. And yes, that is he's full name. It is never disclosed in the book for obvious reasons.
Random
Danny
PROS- I had an imaginary friend named Danny. And I also really love the name Danny...
CONS- The name Danny kinda already belongs to my imaginary friend, so it would be weird naming a teddy bear it too. Plus, Imaginary-Friend Danny might be offended.... 

Benedict Cumberbear
PROS-DO YOU REALLY NEED AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS.
CONS-He doesn't look like a Benedict... 

After talking this over with Whaleton and Mita, I have come to a conclusion. 
The name I'm naming my teddy bear will be....


ANNOUNCED TOMORROW.

I need to sleep on it, and I need sleep in general so...
Night.
Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment