Friday, November 14, 2014

My music library episode TWO

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm back with the boredom and the idea to shuffle my music library and write down the first things that come to mind!! This time I'm only going to do a few songs though. Because....reasons. Mostly laziness....



  1. Simple As This by Jake Bugg
    It reminds me if the Fault in Our Stars, specifically the trailer. It also reminds me of the guy, Jake Bugg, who sings this. (I'm not even going to make a snide remark on the last name Bugg, that is how much I like this song.)
     
    This guy has always struck me as weird because the he looks 15, sounds 40, and is 20. He also looks like someone I know. Like seriously, the resemblance is astonishing. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he has been living a double life all this time. 
  2. I've Heard It Both Ways (reprise) Psych Musical- This reminds me of when a friend of mine messaged me asking if I had seen the Psych Musical and I had been completely oblivious to it and so Whaleton and I did some sneakiness to get it on Amazon. It was quite a brilliant piece of spy-ness/sneakiness. I'm really quite very proud of it, although I shouldn't be. *sigh* Sharkie's right about me... I need a conscience...
  3. Wonderland by Taylor Swift- This reminds me of walking home from a friends' house in the morning when its cold out, I'm all snug in my big Baylor sweatshirt, breathing in the clear, crisp morning air and seeing an owl. Yes. An owl. In the morning. Quite a big one too.... Also this song reminds me of just being in my room. All alone.
  4. One Night Town by Ingrid Michaelson- This reminds me of this blog actually. When I first started it, I used to go to Barnes and Noble and write posts and sip chai tea. I often listened to Ingrid Michaelson. All so it reminds me of Neville Longbottom. Mostly because Mat Kearney is featured on this track and he reminds me of Neville.
  5. Lucky by Jason Mraz- This song is about two best friends who fall in love. It always reminds me of my parents and my dad teaching me to dance. It also reminds me of spring and the ocean. I used to listen to this song on repeat for HOURS when I was younger. I still do sometimes. I really love this song. Its just makes me happy. Everytime I hear it, I start smiling and my heart skips a beat. There's not a great reason why it does that to me, it just does.
So there is that. The strange thing about doing this, is that every song has such a unique meaning to me. And sometimes there is no reason for the song to remind me of something, but it just does.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment