Monday, November 17, 2014

How to get your very elegant and coordinated mother to choke on coffee

Today after Latin Class, my mother, my sister and I were all sitting around the table finishing homework and chatting. Somehow the subject of arranged marriages came up. And Mita (my sister. Her real name is Mary, but everyone who is consistently mentioned on this blog has a nickname. And her's is Mita. Pronounced M-ee-ta.) Anyway, Mita said that she wouldn't mind being put into an arranged marriage with Benedict Cumberbatch, Jensen Ackles, Thomas Brodie Sangster etc.... (She listed a whole lot of guys. I don't have time to write them all down.)
After she was done listing, I said that the only actors I wouldn't mind being put into an arranged marriage with was Matt Smith and Colin O'Donoghue. My mom (familiar with Matt Smith after all my fangirl attacks)  asked who Colin O'Donoghue was.

Big mistake.

Mita and I launched into a monologue about the amazing-ness of Colin O'Donoghue. And then I remembered a crucial detail. He's Catholic.
I mentioned this to my mom and she immediately began to be more interested. So Mita and I looked up picture to show her on the iPad.
The first one we should her was...


My mom was impressed with this. So we looked up a few more.

And then we wanted to show her the Hook era Colin, so we found a pretty awesome picture of him rocking the guyliner.
Upon seeing this picture, my elegant, lovely, coordinated mother who is happily married CHOKED ON HER COFFEE.
Now this might not be very funny for you, but for us it was HILARIOUS.
My. Mother. Choked. On. Her. Coffee. Over. Colin O'Donoghue.

And thats about it,
Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment