Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Five-minute word challenge: Sharks

So Whaleton and I were talking a while ago and we realized we want to be better at posting on our blogs. So we came up with some ideas to help us write posts. One of these ideas was the five-minute word challenge. The object of the game is to pick a random word and write about for five minutes. You can write about memories that have to do with the word, or observations about the usage of the word or whatever you want, but it has to pertain directly to the word.

So today we are writing about sharks!!
*Timer set*
GO

So I have a fear of sharks. I hate them. I remember begin little and playing in the ocean at my grandparents house and feeling a bit of seaweed brush up against my leg and just RUNNING out of the water screaming. My parents later informed me that sharks don't live that far up north, but my dad did later admit it was possible. So yeah, I don't like to go in the ocean very much. Its not even a very rational fear. I mean I've never seen Jaws, and I've never had a traumatic experience with them. I just hate them. I read a book about them when I was younger and the picture had a huge shark eating some sorta chunka meat. It was terrifying for little me. I guess it scared me for life, because now when my brother starts talking about how there is some huge mega-shark that lives of the coast of southern Africa, I have to restrain myself from yelling at him to shut up. I wish I wasn't scared, I do think they are cool, but they are also FREAKING TERRIFYING.



AAAANND TIME IS UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment