Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mary Poppins re-cast

This evening my family and Luke watched Mary Poppins for the first time in forever. It was actually my dad who insisted that we watch it, which is very strange indeed... Anyway as I was watching it I realised that some of the actors reminded me of more modern actors, so I decided to do a recast of Mary Poppins.


  1. Mary Poppins.


    Julie Andrew does a wonderful job playing Mary Poppins and I couldn't imagine anyone else playing her as well. But if I did have to choose one person I would choose.... Jenna Louise Coleman.

    Especially after the Doctor Who episode where she was a Victorian Nanny. I think she would make a perfectly supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Mary Poppins. (I apologize for that incredibly lame pun. It just needed to be said.)

  2. Bert.


    Dick Van Dyke plays a wonderful Bert, being both sweet and slightly sassy. Fun Fact: The old director at the bank? That's Dick Van Dyke.

    Dick Van Dyke was the one who gave me the idea for this whole recast thing in the first place because as I was watching him jump and dance around the sets with that adorable goofy smile it suddenly struck me. I KNOW THAT SMILE.


    David Tennant is a perfect Bert, because as Steven Moffat put it, he is a "tigger." Just bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun! I can just imagine him dancing around singing, "Chim Chimney Chim Chimney Chim Chim Cher-ee!!"
  3. Jane Banks.

    Jane Banks, the oldest of the Banks children, is a sweet girl with a tendency to giggle.

    Although Isabelle Allens doesn't play a character that tends to laugh a whole lot, I think that she fits rather well.
  4. Michael Banks.



    Michael Banks was the hardest to profile. But I finally decided on Nico Liesch, better known as Rudy (sob) Steiner.

                                        
  5. Mrs. Banks.

    This one was also tricky, but I eventually settled on Amy Adams.
  6. Mr. Banks.

    This one was crystal clear.




    'Nuff said.
A Girl Against the World

No comments:

Post a Comment