Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day.

Firstly I want to apologize for not blogging in FOREVER.
Things have been busy.
Which really means I have recently discovered computer games and have become obsessed.

Anyway, today is St. Patrick's Day just in case you haven't noticed the drunk people running around wearing shirts that say "KISS ME I'M IRISH."
And as a wee lassie with Irish blood coursing through her veins, I have a few problems with this holiday.

FIRSTLY, THE STUPID PINCHING THING. If I didn't have green sweatpants that I sleep in, this morning would have consisted of people pinching me and me punching them back. Seriously guys, cool it with the green. It's stupid and juvenile to look for an excuse to pinch someone in the colors of clothes that they wear.

SECONDLY, THE GREEN FOOD. Green is not an appetizing color. There is a reason that Sam I Am had to convince that guy in the weird hat to eat green eggs and ham. It's just plain weird. So please stop dying everything green. My food thanks you.


THIRDLY, JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IRISH DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO GET STUPIDLY DRUNK. For some reason, Irish people think that they have a get-out-of-drunk-jail-free card on St. Patrick's Day and they take advantage of this.

All that being said, I had a pretty nice St. Patrick's Day. I went to this party that some friends of my parents throw every year and we all sat around a fire and sang Irish songs and sipped beer in their case and ginger ale in mine. And I just got home at like 11:30. Which is UNHEARD of for a homeschooler. It was also Sharkie's birthday today and I know Whaleton spent a lot of time making it a great day for her.

Cheers!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment