Friday, May 22, 2015

Apologizes, Poptarts, and Ghosts

So first....

I apologize for not blogging. I swear I always meant to come back, but I decided to finish with school for the year first. Which I did on Monday. But then my parents went to D.C. for a week and I'm left taking care of my five siblings ALL BY MYSELF. Usually we have a college student or family friend stay over and they may leave a few times during the day, but for the most part they are at the house taking care of my five siblings (I alone am exempt from the orders of them because no one wants to mess with a moody teenager and her internet connection.)

But now I am completely alone! Which has lead to two things: Poptarts and Ghosts.
*ahem*
POPTARTS ARE QUITE LITERALLY THE BEST THING INVENTED SINCE THE INTERNET.
So I've discovered Poptarts.... See when my parents leave, I get to go grocery shopping and one of the things I picked up (along with three different kinds of ice cream) was Poptarts. Now this is probably a staple of anyone's childhood, but my mom hates all things that are stuffed with preservatives and sugar. So we never have Poptarts. But when I bit into the warm deliciousness of a Confetti Poptart, my world was turned upside down. I'm not sure how I'll survive without them when my mom comes home tomorrow.

The one downside to staying home alone (besides the obvious annoying siblings and the phone that won't stop ringing with random people checking up on us like, "Yes Grandmother-who-lives-across-the-country-and-forgot-my-birthday-and-no-i'm-not-still-bitter-that-she-remembers-everyone-else's-birthdays, I'm not killing off your grandkids, don't worry.")
The one huge downside is....ghosts. Let me recap for you the ghosts I've run into the past few days.

  1. The ghost who swings the hammock when there is not a hint of a breeze.
  2. The ghosts who live in the dryer and make it malfunction with the drying AND make the timer noise go off during ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT. I say "ghosts" because it happens all the time and there must be ghosts that take shifts.
  3. The ghost who makes the loudest noise on the phone making it impossible to hear the other person (I was able to get rid of this ghost by unplugging the fax machine where it resides.)
  4. The ghost who keeps logging me out of the Wii Netflix. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
  5. The ghost who is making the dogs bark really loudly right now (I hope to God that it's a ghost and not--I'm not going to think about it. I am not going to think about it.)
So as you can see I'm doing perfectly fine.
Kat

PS. If you know a good exorcist, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment